[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
More.......................
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
More.......................
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
More.......................
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
More.......................
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
More.......................
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
More.......................
General Talk --> Re: C&D,The 2019 Honda Pilot Looks Tougher and Drives Better
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Odds of a hatchback SiR?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge·podge
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Accord > > Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2018 22:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
obijuan wrote:
Deep discounts?...no not really. I managed 1500 off and that was about it. I've had Accords since '81, the only generation that we missed was the one from 1990-ish as we had bought out the lease on our 89. Followed that we their first V-6 in 97...which was a pretty nice ride.
My favorite after all of generations was the 89 fuel injected sedan (EXI up here), that thing was special.
Just finished the first 1000k on the new one, I do like it. Turned off pretty well all of the safety nannies. Quite a difference between normal mode and sport which they could just rename 'goes like hell'.



I got $4000 off on a Sport 2.0T 6MT back in February. The deals have been there for months...

But yeah I leave the LDW off. However CMBS is a legit great system. It’s only ever intervened once in 10k miles. and it saved me from rear ending someone.

CivicSi99
Profile for CivicSi99
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2018 23:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Chris_6MT wrote:
obijuan wrote:
Deep discounts?...no not really. I managed 1500 off and that was about it. I've had Accords since '81, the only generation that we missed was the one from 1990-ish as we had bought out the lease on our 89. Followed that we their first V-6 in 97...which was a pretty nice ride.
My favorite after all of generations was the 89 fuel injected sedan (EXI up here), that thing was special.
Just finished the first 1000k on the new one, I do like it. Turned off pretty well all of the safety nannies. Quite a difference between normal mode and sport which they could just rename 'goes like hell'.



I got $4000 off on a Sport 2.0T 6MT back in February. The deals have been there for months...

But yeah I leave the LDW off. However CMBS is a legit great system. It’s only ever intervened once in 10k miles. and it saved me from rear ending someone.



The only people that really think the Accord wasn't being discounted on the buy side in certain areas this entire time are people on TOV. Good deal btw.

Glideslope
Profile for Glideslope
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2018 07:19
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
WillMax wrote:
vh2k wrote:My dealer just e-mailed me. This weekend, discounts top out at $5,900 off MSRP depending on the trim. All trims are at least $4,000 off.



+$2,000 in overpriced accessories which they conveniently didn't mention in the email to offset that discount. :)





Yes I noticed this when I had my Civic serviced last week. I’ve used the same dealer for 20 years. This was the first time I have ever seen the dealer installed mark up stickers in the windows. Each was at least $2,000. Sad

FlanaganID
Profile for FlanaganID
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2018 09:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Chris_6MT wrote:
I got $4000 off on a Sport 2.0T 6MT back in February. The deals have been there for months...


I put a deposit on the same at $3800 off just this past week, and they hit my number with our trade. One of the easiest transactions I've ever had. Other dealers are advertising at $2600 off, and there's likely room to negotiate from there. The deals exist and are fairly easy to come by.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2018 12:29
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CivicSi99 wrote:
Chris_6MT wrote:
obijuan wrote:
Deep discounts?...no not really. I managed 1500 off and that was about it. I've had Accords since '81, the only generation that we missed was the one from 1990-ish as we had bought out the lease on our 89. Followed that we their first V-6 in 97...which was a pretty nice ride.
My favorite after all of generations was the 89 fuel injected sedan (EXI up here), that thing was special.
Just finished the first 1000k on the new one, I do like it. Turned off pretty well all of the safety nannies. Quite a difference between normal mode and sport which they could just rename 'goes like hell'.



I got $4000 off on a Sport 2.0T 6MT back in February. The deals have been there for months...

But yeah I leave the LDW off. However CMBS is a legit great system. It’s only ever intervened once in 10k miles. and it saved me from rear ending someone.



The only people that really think the Accord wasn't being discounted on the buy side in certain areas this entire time are people on TOV. Good deal btw.



They have not been discounted at the factory level until very recently and that is a FACT. And the factory money is only applicable on certain Accord trim levels, where I'm told it's almost pointless, at least in our market.

Dealers are free to sell the cars at whatever price make sense for them. There are numerous factors in play. But at the factory level there has been zero discounting on the Accord until around June 27th.

CivicSi99
Profile for CivicSi99
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2018 13:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:
CivicSi99 wrote:
Chris_6MT wrote:
obijuan wrote:
Deep discounts?...no not really. I managed 1500 off and that was about it. I've had Accords since '81, the only generation that we missed was the one from 1990-ish as we had bought out the lease on our 89. Followed that we their first V-6 in 97...which was a pretty nice ride.
My favorite after all of generations was the 89 fuel injected sedan (EXI up here), that thing was special.
Just finished the first 1000k on the new one, I do like it. Turned off pretty well all of the safety nannies. Quite a difference between normal mode and sport which they could just rename 'goes like hell'.



I got $4000 off on a Sport 2.0T 6MT back in February. The deals have been there for months...

But yeah I leave the LDW off. However CMBS is a legit great system. It’s only ever intervened once in 10k miles. and it saved me from rear ending someone.



The only people that really think the Accord wasn't being discounted on the buy side in certain areas this entire time are people on TOV. Good deal btw.



They have not been discounted at the factory level until very recently and that is a FACT. And the factory money is only applicable on certain Accord trim levels, where I'm told it's almost pointless, at least in our market.

Dealers are free to sell the cars at whatever price make sense for them. There are numerous factors in play. But at the factory level there has been zero discounting on the Accord until around June 27th.




As a consumer I don't care whether it's at the factory or dealer level. It’s an incentive and it’s a discount off of MSRP. Someone is taking the hit… The point is all those saying that Accord weren't being discounted and there were no incentives (from a consumer's perspective) were not true and as I said before there is a spreadsheet on Drive Accord that they've been tracking for months with pricing on the 18’s and discounts have been there all along.

The argument for the Accord's low sales was that there was no factory money or lease deals. Leasing I agree with, but several have mentioned that people buying the Accord were getting deals on the 18’s and I pointed out that dealers had to be throwing money on them if Honda wasn’t. It’s a nice headline for Honda to say ‘oh, we’re not selling cars because we don’t have incentives’ Well yes at the factory level maybe but when people aren't buying your car I'm supposed to believe that my local Honda dealer that had almost 300 Accords in stock at one point wasn't given any incentives to move their units? OK sure......


rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2018 15:23
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fact of the matter is, the Camry gets discounted, incentivized and "fleeted" at higher levels than the Accord does...And yet the Accord has not been that far behind the last couple months. It has been gaining momentum....And again the V6 and coupe are gone. You have to factor those into the declined sales numbers, as well as consider the CUV surge....

....But I guess we can keep endlessly harping on styling, styling, styling, styling....Nerver mind that the butt-ugly Camry is still moving. No, the Accord isn't perfect. However, it isn't soooooo polarizing that you can pin styling on the drop in sales to any significant degree. The Civic faced similar apprehension here when it debuted too, but I guess the impressive sales have negated any continuing criticism of styling. I am going to LMAO IF the Accord catches and/or overtakes the Camry one of these months.

Styling is indeed subjective.😏



acuracrz
Profile for acuracrz
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2018 15:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I am amazed at the number of new Accords I am seeing daily now. At first launch, it took a LONG time before I saw one on the streets. That has definitely changed. I see more and more in my parking garage at work too. I am spotting them all over town now. Richmond, VA here.

CivicSi99
Profile for CivicSi99
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2018 15:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
rev2damoon wrote:
Fact of the matter is, the Camry gets discounted, incentivized and "fleeted" at higher levels than the Accord does...And yet the Accord has not been that far behind the last couple months. It has been gaining momentum....And again the V6 and coupe are gone. You have to factor those into the declined sales numbers, as well as consider the CUV surge....

....But I guess we can keep endlessly harping on styling, styling, styling, styling....Nerver mind that the butt-ugly Camry is still moving. No, the Accord isn't perfect. However, it isn't soooooo polarizing that you can pin styling on the drop in sales to any significant degree. The Civic faced similar apprehension here when it debuted too, but I guess the impressive sales have negated any continuing criticism of styling. I am going to LMAO IF the Accord catches and/or overtakes the Camry one of these months.

Styling is indeed subjective.😏







Those are all great points… now let’s factor in everything since you decided to bring the Camry into the conversation. The Camry is getting creamed in reviews compared to the Accord and the car has a terrible infotainment system and doesn’t have as many trims as the Accord and the bigger engine starts $4K higher. The Accord is not a Kia Stinger where it should have to ‘gain momentum’…. Yes, the styling is one of the reasons it’s not selling. You have seen loyal Honda fans on this forum say that, haven’t you? I don’t know why you would be laughing so much if the Accord passes the Camry. It should as it’s the car of the year and has heavy amounts of inventory in some areas. Honda has at least 5 times as much inventory as Toyota has in stock for the Camry and if the 19’s are coming out in the next couple months so I would expect dealers to do whatever it takes to make those units move. For example, the Honda dealer by me in Charlotte has 249 Accords in stock. The Toyota dealer next door has 36 Camry’s in stock…… A dealer in Raleigh has a whopping 405 Accords in stock. So when the dealership in Raleigh reports in the next few months they’ve had the best Accord sales in a particular month, should I be impressed?


As I said before, are low lease prices on base trims a factor of Toyota’s success? Yes… Are there higher/lower prices in some regions than others for the Accord? Yes…. But this notion that some people weren’t getting good deals on the Accord since launch wasn’t true. As person just stated the received $4k off back in February. I know a guy in upstate NY that bought for $1k below invoice in December. People in Drive Accord were even saying how surprised they were at the deals they were getting especially in Florida. One person just purchased an Accord within the last week and his title literally stated he didn’t like the design but the price and package of the 18 was too hard to pass up. If the 2019’s come out in September or October I don’t know what some of these dealers will do in my area as far as additional incentives.


vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2018 18:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Accords have been going for $4,000-$5,000 off MSRP for months now. Right before Fourth of July week, the dealers got more aggressive and discounts started going above $5,000 for the first time. I don’t care about internal accounting (who pays for the discounts)... the reality is $5,000 off MSRP makes this car an incredibly good value.
WillMax
Profile for WillMax
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2018 09:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:They have not been discounted at the factory level until very recently and that is a FACT. And the factory money is only applicable on certain Accord trim levels, where I'm told it's almost pointless, at least in our market.

Dealers are free to sell the cars at whatever price make sense for them. There are numerous factors in play. But at the factory level there has been zero discounting on the Accord until around June 27th.



On June 27, 2018, CarsDirect reported $1,000 dealer cash and stated that was the first time they've seen it on the 2018 Accord.

That may very well be the first time they've seen it, but $1,000 flex cash for the 2018 Accord has been available on and off since at least January 2018 based on dozens of reports on DriveAccord, Reddit, Edmunds, AccordXClub, Autobytel, and my local dealer.


Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2018 12:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Has anyone heard what to expect with the 2019 Accords? I’d expect almost a complete carryover, but even the last time out, the 2014 Accord gained a couple pieces of infotainment functionality, as well as lost the tint “brow” on the windshield header (actually, that was a running 2013.5 change, but close enough).

I’m sure if Honda was going to nip-tuck things, there would have been some partially-camoed Accords seen in the Torrance and/or Marysville vicinities. (And the more I see the Accords, the rear looks like less of a dog’s breakfast—I saw a white 1.5T Touring on the freeway, and I thought that it looks reasonable. Conversely, the chrome piece below the rear window on the new Oddy (which follows around the sides with the “bolt”) looks terrible in dark colors, like the blue one I saw this morning.)

Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-14-2018 12:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
WillMax wrote:
JeffX wrote:They have not been discounted at the factory level until very recently and that is a FACT. And the factory money is only applicable on certain Accord trim levels, where I'm told it's almost pointless, at least in our market.

Dealers are free to sell the cars at whatever price make sense for them. There are numerous factors in play. But at the factory level there has been zero discounting on the Accord until around June 27th.



On June 27, 2018, CarsDirect reported $1,000 dealer cash and stated that was the first time they've seen it on the 2018 Accord.

That may very well be the first time they've seen it, but $1,000 flex cash for the 2018 Accord has been available on and off since at least January 2018 based on dozens of reports on DriveAccord, Reddit, Edmunds, AccordXClub, Autobytel, and my local dealer.




Correct. I got $1000 flex cash on my Sport 2.0T 6MT back in February. I believe that program ended in April. But Honda is definitely incentivizing the Accord in a way that I’ve never seen for a new model.

brassrox
Profile for brassrox
Re: Just got a 2.0 Accord Touring    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 23:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Congrats Obijuan, the new Accord is a class act and has great engineering. I'm curious about your comment regarding the ride quality vs. your 2013 EX-L. The prior gen Accord definitely had a tauter suspension tune, but how does the new Touring ride with those 19" wheels and low profile tires?

While the big wheels look great, I do worry about ride quality and durability of the tires over some of the atrocious roads out there.


 
Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0