[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
More.......................
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
More.......................
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
More.......................
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
More.......................
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
More.......................
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
More.......................
General Talk --> Re: C&D,The 2019 Honda Pilot Looks Tougher and Drives Better
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Odds of a hatchback SiR?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge·podge
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > S2000 > > Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2018 10:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

Do you know of anyone looking to buy a really clean 2000 AP1?

A post shared by TEMPLE OF VTEC (@temple_of_vtec) on


rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2018 11:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The real question is, why would anyone want to sell that?:-)
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2018 11:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Includes all of the original parts including the original set of AP1 wheels, but here are the other mods
  • AEM V2 intake
  • upgraded JVC head unit - includes bluetooth, usb, ipod, pandora support
  • Spoon front X-brace

    Notes:
  • Car has always been garaged (except for one or maybe 2 nights involving a hotel stay with no covered parking)
  • Never intentionally driven in the weather. Have been caught in a popup shower a couple times but drove it straight to the garage
  • It will need a new set of tires, tread on the rears is pretty much gone.
  • The original 16" AP1 wheels have old, worn out tires on them - I just kept them on to help protect the wheels while in storage.
  • Paint is all original though the hood was resprayed (without my initial knowledge) by the dealer who damaged my hood on the lift when I had it in for service early in the car's life
  • Includes an extra set of floor mats in brand-new condition (never installed)
  • Includes two tonneau covers for the top.
  • Top is original and in excellent condition - no tears or holes
  • plastic rear window is also original with no tears or holes. It just needs some elbow grease and plastic polish
  • The driver side carpet, underneath the floormat has a few cuts in it - this is how the car was delivered to me - apparently a tech at the dealership completely boned up the installation of the peg that's supposed to secure the driver side floormat. It's not visible with the floormats in place. Eventually the dealer agreed to replace the carpet but I never ended up making the drive back to Raleigh to have it done because I was traveling extensively for work.
  • Will post some more photos later - interior is generally in excellent condition. Some light wear on the driver seat bolsters but otherwise the plastics, carpeting and leather are all in very good if not excellent condition.
  • Recently had both taillights replaced as part of a recall. While it was in there, the spark plugs were also replaced as part of another recall. Allowed them to replace the plugs even though the other ones had less than 5000 miles on them.
  • Recently replaced the battery.


    Last edited by JeffX on 08-06-2018 22:10
  • anime_man24
    Profile for anime_man24
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2018 11:41
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    Looks great! Is it yours? Might be worth posting on s2ki.com. That's where I bought my S2K.
    gaginang
    Profile for gaginang
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2018 16:23
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    JeffX wrote:
    Includes all of the original parts including the original set of AP1 wheels, but here are the other mods
  • AEM V2 intake
  • upgraded JVC head unit - includes bluetooth, usb, ipod, pandora support
  • Spoon front X-brace

    Notes:
  • Car has always been garaged (except for one or maybe 2 nights involving a hotel stay with no covered parking)
  • Never intentionally driven in the weather. Have been caught in a popup shower a couple times but drove it straight to the garage
  • It will need a new set of tires, tread on the rears is pretty much gone.
  • The original 16" AP1 wheels have old, worn out tires on them - I just kept them on to help protect the wheels while in storage.
  • Paint is all original though the hood was resprayed (without my initial knowledge) by the dealer who damaged my hood on the lift when I had it in for service early in the car's life
  • Includes an extra set of floor mats in brand-new condition (never installed)
  • Includes two tonneau covers for the top.
  • Top is original and in excellent condition - no tears or holes
  • plastic rear window is also original with no tears or holes. It just needs some elbow grease and plastic polish
  • The driver side carpet, underneath the floormat has a few cuts in it - this is how the car was delivered to me - apparently a tech at the dealership completely boned up the installation of the peg that's supposed to secure the driver side floormat. It's not visible with the floormats in place. Eventually the dealer agreed to replace the carpet but I never ended up making the drive back to Raleigh to have it done because I was traveling extensively for work.
  • Will post some more photos later - interior is generally in excellent condition. Some light wear on the driver seat bolsters but otherwise the plastics, carpeting and leather are all in very good if not excellent condition.
  • Recently had both taillights replaced as part of a recall. While it was in there, the spark plugs were also replaced as part of another recall.



  • Jeff, put it on Bringatrailer!

    superchg2
    Profile for superchg2
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2018 16:32
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    Jeff, what is the asking price?
    Cyisalwayshungry
    Profile for Cyisalwayshungry
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2018 17:55
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    I just picked up an AP1 this weekend with 48k for $14500. Top needs to be replaced but other than that it’s in good condition. It should have listed at $17k.
    s2ktaxi
    Profile for s2ktaxi
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2018 19:03
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    It's worth less than what you'd be able to buy it back for.
    chhan02
    Profile for chhan02
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2018 20:37
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    So tempting...I been looking for an S2k for a long time now. Just haven't gotten myself to bite the bullet.
    JeffX
    Profile for JeffX
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2018 22:01
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    superchg2 wrote:
    Jeff, what is the asking price?


    I'm trying to figure out what's the "fair market value" so I don't have a number yet.

    I see one on bring a trailer that's got about 1/2 the mileage but everything else is almost identical to my car (except for the bonus AP2 wheels and other light mods) with a current bid of 15k with 2 days left. I would think it's worth more than that, but at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is the price that the market will bear.

    cksi1372
    Profile for cksi1372
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-07-2018 16:12
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    JeffX wrote:

    Do you know of anyone looking to buy a really clean 2000 AP1?

    A post shared by TEMPLE OF VTEC (@temple_of_vtec) on




    Wow, I want that....why, Jeff, why?

    S2000...divorce...S2000...divorce...S2000 :)

    Guesstimate, IMO, $17-19k. GLWS!

    Karl O.
    Profile for Karl O.
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-07-2018 16:52
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    JeffX wrote:
    superchg2 wrote:
    Jeff, what is the asking price?


    I'm trying to figure out what's the "fair market value" so I don't have a number yet.

    I see one on bring a trailer that's got about 1/2 the mileage but everything else is almost identical to my car (except for the bonus AP2 wheels and other light mods) with a current bid of 15k with 2 days left. I would think it's worth more than that, but at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is the price that the market will bear.



    See what the final bid on the BAT car is. I think yours is worth more than $20k because of the mileage and probably because of the owner, and because you have all of the OEM parts.

    I'd slap $25k on it and see what happened, unless you're in a hurry to sell. AP2s with low mileage have gone over $30k on BAT so I don't think $25k is an unfair place to start.

    But if you're going high on the asking price replace the tires and have it ready to go.

    LudeLeRoy
    Profile for LudeLeRoy
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-07-2018 20:57
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    JeffX wrote:
    superchg2 wrote:
    Jeff, what is the asking price?


    I'm trying to figure out what's the "fair market value" so I don't have a number yet.

    I see one on bring a trailer that's got about 1/2 the mileage but everything else is almost identical to my car (except for the bonus AP2 wheels and other light mods) with a current bid of 15k with 2 days left. I would think it's worth more than that, but at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is the price that the market will bear.



    JeffX: Does this mean the CTR is THAT much fun (and more practical I'm sure)?

    Mike Freitas
    Profile for Mike Freitas
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-07-2018 23:19
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    I remember you buying this car, just like it was yesterday... I was in Japan with less than a year left prior to retirement from the Air Force... Honestly, I find it hard to believe that you are parting with your baby, but wish you all the best..
    Nick GravesX
    Profile for Nick GravesX
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 02:53
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    Jeff,

    I really think you ought to give yourself a slap.

    If that doesn't work, good luck with the sale.

    Mechanic
    Profile for Mechanic
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 05:44
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    JeffX, if you can figure out a way a 6'7" adult with a 36" inseam can fit in (and drive) an S2k, I'll pay whatever you want.

    (Hint: It's not possible, even if you remove the driver's seat, an option I actually considered.)

    sennaFAN
    Profile for sennaFAN
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 06:02
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    If you can afford to keep it, do it. It will be a car you will regret selling, especially when scanning the classic car sales results in ten years time ...
    silverf16
    Profile for silverf16
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 08:38
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    Been there, done that. Years later, regretted the selling decision.

    Lesson learned - don't let go of something very dear to your heart unless you have a very compelling reason or a better replacement. CTR Is no replacement for s2000 and neither is Honda going to make anything like this again.

    Down the road, you may find yourself circling back to this car.

    Mikgtir
    Profile for Mikgtir
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 12:10
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    Keep it 5 more years and sell it 30k USD keeping mileage very low.
    ?

    JeffX
    Profile for JeffX
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 14:30
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    Karl O. wrote:
    JeffX wrote:
    superchg2 wrote:
    Jeff, what is the asking price?


    I'm trying to figure out what's the "fair market value" so I don't have a number yet.

    I see one on bring a trailer that's got about 1/2 the mileage but everything else is almost identical to my car (except for the bonus AP2 wheels and other light mods) with a current bid of 15k with 2 days left. I would think it's worth more than that, but at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is the price that the market will bear.



    See what the final bid on the BAT car is. I think yours is worth more than $20k because of the mileage and probably because of the owner, and because you have all of the OEM parts.

    I'd slap $25k on it and see what happened, unless you're in a hurry to sell. AP2s with low mileage have gone over $30k on BAT so I don't think $25k is an unfair place to start.

    But if you're going high on the asking price replace the tires and have it ready to go.



    the top bid ended up being 16,700 or something like that, and it didn't meet the reserve. I'd never let it go for that price either.

    Nick GravesX
    Profile for Nick GravesX
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 14:51
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    Worthless PoS.

    You'd best run it into the ground, then. I would.

    Chris_6MT
    Profile for Chris_6MT
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 14:52
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    I sold my 03 fully OEM GPW/tan with 105k with a fresh clutch and Robins canvas top for $13k and that was 3 years ago. Immaculate condition except for a small windshield crack. I must have spent 80 hours on that damned paint while I owned it. Acura dealer where I bought my TL offered me $7k, making it the most laughable trade in offer I’ve ever received. I’d suspect $22k for yours today would be a fair price given condition and miles.
    cksi1372
    Profile for cksi1372
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 15:50
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    JeffX wrote:
    Karl O. wrote:
    JeffX wrote:
    superchg2 wrote:
    Jeff, what is the asking price?


    I'm trying to figure out what's the "fair market value" so I don't have a number yet.

    I see one on bring a trailer that's got about 1/2 the mileage but everything else is almost identical to my car (except for the bonus AP2 wheels and other light mods) with a current bid of 15k with 2 days left. I would think it's worth more than that, but at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is the price that the market will bear.



    See what the final bid on the BAT car is. I think yours is worth more than $20k because of the mileage and probably because of the owner, and because you have all of the OEM parts.

    I'd slap $25k on it and see what happened, unless you're in a hurry to sell. AP2s with low mileage have gone over $30k on BAT so I don't think $25k is an unfair place to start.

    But if you're going high on the asking price replace the tires and have it ready to go.



    the top bid ended up being 16,700 or something like that, and it didn't meet the reserve. I'd never let it go for that price either.



    Where did you have it listed? Ebay?

    superchg2
    Profile for superchg2
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 16:23
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    JeffX wrote:
    superchg2 wrote:
    Jeff, what is the asking price?


    I'm trying to figure out what's the "fair market value" so I don't have a number yet.

    I see one on bring a trailer that's got about 1/2 the mileage but everything else is almost identical to my car (except for the bonus AP2 wheels and other light mods) with a current bid of 15k with 2 days left. I would think it's worth more than that, but at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is the price that the market will bear.


    I wish I had an additional garage spot available. We have my '06 Si and my girlfriends '00 Accord garaged and I haven't got the heart to put either one of them outside.

    Your S2000 is a beauty and from what I have seen this car should bring a premium price, and they will only go up from here.

    I have read many times that those who have sold their S2000's have regretted it, so if you have to sell, go for the gusto.

    JeffX
    Profile for JeffX
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 23:45
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    cksi1372 wrote:
    JeffX wrote:
    Karl O. wrote:
    JeffX wrote:
    superchg2 wrote:
    Jeff, what is the asking price?


    I'm trying to figure out what's the "fair market value" so I don't have a number yet.

    I see one on bring a trailer that's got about 1/2 the mileage but everything else is almost identical to my car (except for the bonus AP2 wheels and other light mods) with a current bid of 15k with 2 days left. I would think it's worth more than that, but at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is the price that the market will bear.



    See what the final bid on the BAT car is. I think yours is worth more than $20k because of the mileage and probably because of the owner, and because you have all of the OEM parts.

    I'd slap $25k on it and see what happened, unless you're in a hurry to sell. AP2s with low mileage have gone over $30k on BAT so I don't think $25k is an unfair place to start.

    But if you're going high on the asking price replace the tires and have it ready to go.



    the top bid ended up being 16,700 or something like that, and it didn't meet the reserve. I'd never let it go for that price either.



    Where did you have it listed? Ebay?



    I didn't list it. I was referring to the results of the car that was similar to mine on bring a trailer

    wanga
    Profile for wanga
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2018 09:44
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    rev2damoon wrote:
    The real question is, why would anyone want to sell that?:-)


    owner turned 70years old

    wanga
    Profile for wanga
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2018 09:47
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    rev2damoon wrote:
    The real question is, why would anyone want to sell that?:-)


    owner turned 70 years young

    wanga
    Profile for wanga
    Re: Very clean 2000 S2000 with just under 40k miles. What's it worth?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2018 09:48
    Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
    rev2damoon wrote:
    The real question is, why would anyone want to sell that?:-)


    owner turned 70 years young


     
    Thread Page - [1]
    Go to:
    Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
    Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
    The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
    30 mobile: 0