[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
General Talk --> Re: C&D,The 2019 Honda Pilot Looks Tougher and Drives Better
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Odds of a hatchback SiR?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge·podge
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Today's Reading Links > > Re: Alex on Autos - 2018/2019 Hyundai Kona 1.6L

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
NealX
Profile for NealX
Alex on Autos - 2018/2019 Hyundai Kona 1.6L    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2018 10:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
A thorough video review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNKdRpm873Y

Jovian8
Profile for Jovian8
Re: Alex on Autos - 2018/2019 Hyundai Kona 1.6L    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2018 12:57
My wife and I have been looking at this as a replacement for our Honda Fit. Near perfect urban car that's fun to drive and uncomplicated. It seems this is the popular segment globally.

Why not get another Honda Fit?
Well our 2010 scrapes the front plastic lip when I dont notice the horrendous potholes at the mall at night.
Also increased ground clearance helps during winter snow in eastern Canada and also on 5km dirt road to the cottage.

I like the Honda HRV too, but cant get past the CVT.

There is a rumored Toyota competitor (other than CHR)
but that is vaporware at the moment.

KaySee
Profile for KaySee
Re: Alex on Autos - 2018/2019 Hyundai Kona 1.6L    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2018 14:40
NealX wrote:
A thorough video review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNKdRpm873Y

I heard talks from Hyundai about a possible Kona N model. 6MT, 250hp+ CUV with that trick suspension and crackles and pops. That would be pretty great for me. Not sure about the cargo volume on this one, I'll check the vid after work to see if they mention it.

CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Alex on Autos - 2018/2019 Hyundai Kona 1.6L    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2018 15:53
The crackles and pops are the worst part of the new Ns for me. It's fun if it's a random result of overruns like in a Fiat 500 Abarth, but in the case of the N's they do it on every fucking downshift and even sounds the same. It's artificial and gets really old really quick.
KaySee
Profile for KaySee
Re: Alex on Autos - 2018/2019 Hyundai Kona 1.6L    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2018 19:15
CarPhreakD wrote:
The crackles and pops are the worst part of the new Ns for me. It's fun if it's a random result of overruns like in a Fiat 500 Abarth, but in the case of the N's they do it on every fucking downshift and even sounds the same. It's artificial and gets really old really quick.

Fair enough, to each their own. It's a hilarious prospect for me in a CUV. But, I definitely want to hear it in person before I pass judgement. I might be just as annoyed. Also, thankfully the exhaust is valved/adjustable so you can dial back the pops if they keep that feature in.

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: Alex on Autos - 2018/2019 Hyundai Kona 1.6L    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 12:39
I passed one on the road the other day, here in Canada. My first thought was Nifty! (OK so that dates me.) It looks well thought out and taught in the 10 seconds I had to pass. My thoughts went back to the base Santa Fe Sport we rented in March - not bad and improving from other Hyundais I have driven before. This one is probably better still. This would make an excellent commuter car in the congested Greater Toronto Area where inexpensive, economical, and agile are key features. Positive vibes.
None
Profile for None
Re: Alex on Autos - 2018/2019 Hyundai Kona 1.6L    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 12:52
I saw one yesterday for the first time.

I have an eye appointment tomorrow to fix my eyes.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Alex on Autos - 2018/2019 Hyundai Kona 1.6L    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 13:07
None wrote:
I saw one yesterday for the first time.

I have an eye appointment tomorrow to fix my eyes.

May I suggest rose-colored glasses?

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0