[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
General Talk --> Re: C&D,The 2019 Honda Pilot Looks Tougher and Drives Better
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Odds of a hatchback SiR?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge∑podge
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Pilot > > Re: Passport spy pics

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
None
Profile for None
Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 15:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Finally, some pics.
https://www.motor1.com/photo/3164238/honda-passport-suv-spy-photo/

Really looking forward to this.

Hoping for the 2.0T

longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 16:32
Shape looks pedestrian compared to some of the competition about to debut. It looks to be a shortened Pilot.
99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 17:14
I was wondering when this would show up...
rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 17:45
https://www.motor1.com/photo/3164238/honda-passport-suv-spy-photo/
99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 18:43
When's this thing going to be on the lot?
Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 20:28
How in the heck do they test for rattles and squeaks with all the camo covers on the dash? Well-hidden crap pavement inside the infield at TRC, perhaps?

(Same with the flap-flapping of the outside covers!)

aids333
Profile for aids333
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 21:43
Gfn8r wrote:
How in the heck do they test for rattles and squeaks with all the camo covers on the dash? Well-hidden crap pavement inside the infield at TRC, perhaps?

If youíve driven a 10th gen Civic, youíd probably know they donít test for rattles or squeaks...good thing the R has a loud button where your right foot is.

aids333
Profile for aids333
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 21:52

At least it has these sweet S2000 exhaust tips!

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 21:53
Gfn8r wrote:

Globally, I don't know in the states, Honda has private test tracks on their assembly factories and I bet all of my money that they already tested their cars there. Mostly real-world test is just for variance in temperature or elevation and added bonus for gauging responds from the media or people in general.

With that said... Shorter Pilot eh? Probably the Bean counters went to the poll for this one and took utility as their selling point. It's okay... But I'd prefer Honda bring the Avancier out of China, that car just oozes premium.

None
Profile for None
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 22:58
99SI wrote:
When's this thing going to be on the lot?

Soon I hope. Love to have a 5 seater sized but able to tow more than a CR-V.

longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 23:00
Midi_Amp wrote:
Gfn8r wrote:

Globally, I don't know in the states, Honda has private test tracks on their assembly factories and I bet all of my money that they already tested their cars there. Mostly real-world test is just for variance in temperature or elevation and added bonus for gauging responds from the media or people in general.

With that said... Shorter Pilot eh? Probably the Bean counters went to the poll for this one and took utility as their selling point. It's okay... But I'd prefer Honda bring the Avancier out of China, that car just oozes premium.

I agree, was so hoping for an Avancier type vehicle. Not exactly sure how a stubby looking Pilot is suppose to set the market on fire.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2018 23:59
aids333 wrote:
Gfn8r wrote:

If youíve driven a 10th gen Civic, youíd probably know they donít test for rattles or squeaks...good thing the R has a loud button where your right foot is.

Already up to 15000 miles on the Si so far. No sign of rattles or squeaks (though the tires sound like they're ready for serious offroad antics). The Type R only has 2000 miles but no rattles or squeaks there, either.

aids333
Profile for aids333
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 07:02
JeffX wrote:
aids333 wrote:
Gfn8r wrote:

Already up to 15000 miles on the Si so far. No sign of rattles or squeaks (though the tires sound like they're ready for serious offroad antics). The Type R only has 2000 miles but no rattles or squeaks there, either.

Crazy. Iíve had the R for about a year, only about 1k miles, but some squeak/rattle near the driver side A pillar is driving me nuts!

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 08:20
Looks boring. Based on these pics, I would say the Blazer is going to decimate this thing. If the Blazer is out first, forget it.
Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 08:21
longhorn wrote:
Midi_Amp wrote:
Gfn8r wrote:

I agree, was so hoping for an Avancier type vehicle. Not exactly sure how a stubby looking Pilot is suppose to set the market on fire.

Well Iím not sure what qualifies as ďsetting the market on fireĒ but the Pilot is up 38% this year.

And the stance and proportions look pretty solid on the spy shots - but Iím personally not a huge fan of the Avanciers exterior looks so Iím kind of glad they didnít go that way.

I do hope they differentiate it from the Pilot -the front looks fairly similar but Iím maybe the C/D pillars do something different.

None
Profile for None
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 08:35
vh2k wrote:
Looks boring. Based on these pics, I would say the Blazer is going to decimate this thing. If the Blazer is out first, forget it.

Blazer is hideous.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 10:47
None wrote:
vh2k wrote:

Blazer is hideous.

Marketplace will ultimately determine that. If you don't think the Blazer looks good, you must also hate the RDX -- as their profiles look like they could be separated at birth. RDX seems to be well received so far.

Power Of Dreams
Profile for Power Of Dreams
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 11:27
I wonder if this will be the same thing as the CDM Honda Avancier

Power Of Dreams
Profile for Power Of Dreams
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 11:30
vh2k wrote:
None wrote:
vh2k wrote:

Blazer is hideous.

Marketplace will ultimately determine that. If you don't think the Blazer looks good, you must also hate the RDX -- as their profiles look like they could be separated at birth. RDX seems to be well received so far.

The design language and detailing of most modern Chevrolets are just atrocious. I had a Sonic Turbo, which I liked, but the looks grew to irritate me more over time. The RDX is much more finely detailed than the Blazer.

None
Profile for None
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 12:54
vh2k wrote:
None wrote:
vh2k wrote:

Blazer is hideous.

Blazer is a hideous turd, the RDX is stunning.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 13:05
None wrote:
vh2k wrote:
None wrote:
vh2k wrote:

Blazer is hideous.

Obvious sarcasm or just blatant trolling. That's cool. I still think the Blazer will outsell both the Passport and RDX.

None
Profile for None
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 15:21
vh2k wrote:
None wrote:
vh2k wrote:
None wrote:
vh2k wrote:

Blazer is hideous.

Obvious sarcasm or just blatant trolling. That's cool. I still think the Blazer will outsell both the Passport and RDX.

Of course a GM fleet special will outsell a Luxury SUV.

Fishbulb
Profile for Fishbulb
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 10:51
I fail to see how one can reach a conclusion that a car can "look boring" when it's completely draped in camo and we haven't a clue about the drivetrain/transmission.

I'm personally very interested in this to replace my odyssey, which is too big for our needs now (as is the pilot), but the CRV being too small (and hate the CVT). Ideally, it would have the 3.5 and the new 10spd, but honda doesn't use this combo, so perhaps 2.0T and 10spd (accord output) would be the best option.. as long as it doesn't use the dreadful 9spd in the pilot, I'll be ok with it.

Anyway, I'll be following this closely. Does anyone know more about the launch date?

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 11:46
Fishbulb wrote:
I fail to see how one can reach a conclusion that a car can "look boring" when it's completely draped in camo.

Based on the pictures, it looks boring to me. Obviously, thatís not a final conclusion... but based on the camoed vehicle pictures. And Iím happy to elaborate.

The profile / silhouette looks conservative (relatively boxy) and the tires donít fill the wheel arches. Huge gaps between the tire and body make the vehicle look top heavy. To me, based on these pics, itís not exciting.

The Blazer (which one poster described as hideous) looks like a CUV version of the Camaro. Sporty looking (like an RDX).

None
Profile for None
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 13:24
OMG, I can't stop laughing.
rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 19:32
These camos can be incredibly deceptive. They sometimes seem to put cladding underneath that changes the overall fundamental form of the vehicle.

IMO, there isn't enough here in these shots to make a final judgement call on looks...

JimmyEats
Profile for JimmyEats
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 08:22
Bigger than the CR-V, so how much bigger will make a noticeable difference inside?

I'd like more cargo room that's suitable for five suitcases and a stroller too. I'd like sliding rear seats for a little more cargo room when needed.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 10:36
Fishbulb wrote:
I fail to see how one can reach a conclusion that a car can "look boring" when it's completely draped in camo and we haven't a clue about the drivetrain/transmission.

I'm personally very interested in this to replace my odyssey, which is too big for our needs now (as is the pilot), but the CRV being too small (and hate the CVT). Ideally, it would have the 3.5 and the new 10spd, but honda doesn't use this combo, so perhaps 2.0T and 10spd (accord output) would be the best option.. as long as it doesn't use the dreadful 9spd in the pilot, I'll be ok with it.

Anyway, I'll be following this closely. Does anyone know more about the launch date?

Actually, Honda uses this combo in the Odyssey Elite.

With that said, their tuning of the 9AT has come a long way but I'd still rather have the 10AT or even the old 6AT.

HondaForever
Profile for HondaForever
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 11:04
JeffX wrote:
Fishbulb wrote:

Actually, Honda uses this combo in the Odyssey Elite.

With that said, their tuning of the 9AT has come a long way but I'd still rather have the 10AT or even the old 6AT.

Jeff, I don't believe they've used this combination in a 4 WD configuration. Would that be a straightforward application, or does that introduce some added complications that require some additional engineering, which might delay its use in the Passport?

Fishbulb
Profile for Fishbulb
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 11:37
HondaForever wrote:

Jeff, I don't believe they've used this combination in a 4 WD configuration. Would that be a straightforward application, or does that introduce some added complications that require some additional engineering, which might delay its use in the Passport?

Yeah, that's a good point, forgot about the odyssey drivetrain. Regarding engineering, not too sure there, but since the 10spd is trusted in the RDX SHAWD format, and the 3.5 is pretty ubiquitous, I can't imagine anything groundbreaking required.

That said, I could certainly see the appeal from honda in not needing a unique combo with just using the existing detuned 2.0T with a regular gas spec, and linking it up with the 10spd.

Unfortunately I could also see the appeal of using the exact same drivetrain as the existing pilot for now, and switching both models at the same time later.

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0