[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
General Talk --> Re: C&D,The 2019 Honda Pilot Looks Tougher and Drives Better
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Odds of a hatchback SiR?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge·podge
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Clarity > > Re: Clarity BEV

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
4fc
Profile for 4fc
Clarity BEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-29-2018 18:12
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
So the short story short. I just wanted to go and test drive Clarity full electric, since it fit's my new commute and obviously I moved to a state when you can have one. But the reality is that you can't. I was told two different things by 2 different dealers. they get one each month and you can't test drive one just reserve online and buy it when it comes in. Or there are no clarity BEV in whole state of California and they don't know when they're going to get more!
A month or so ago I had a friend lend me a HAH 2014/15 and I had a blast after not driving honda for the last 4 years and on top of that electric for the most part of my commute.

I see few post here in the forums from SoCal area about PHEV and I was even thinking about Clarity FC, which have similar leasing terms and they give you credit for the hydrogen, since it's 2x then filling up with gas, but decided against it.

Anyway, honda seems to advertise that but they don't seem to have the cars or the demand is too big. I might go with used honda fit for 2 year lease instead of 3 years for the Clarity electric, but just wanted to have more space on the back with 2 car seats.

eneka
Profile for eneka
Re: Clarity BEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-30-2018 01:43
they had test drive events for the FCEV and BEVs a while back. The BEVS are high in demand because of the $1.5k down $200/m with 20k miles/yr lease deal. The FCEV has a lease deal as well(more expensive but longer range and free hydrogen)
4fc
Profile for 4fc
Re: Clarity BEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 02:20
Well, I missed them both since I was on the marked back then and I assumed by the time I might be in the market they'll have them available. It's crazy. All I got from the dealers is that there are no clarity EVs anywhere in California and they don't know when the'll get more and one dealer told me that the FCEV is on hold till april 2019!
Anybody has any insight information on this?

4fc
Profile for 4fc
Re: Clarity BEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-21-2018 00:52
Got a call from my local dealer and as of then I'm on all 3 lists for Clarity BEV, FCEV and Fit EV, but chances are very slim if at all.
BEV and FCEV seems to be on hold and If I get lucky somebody my get off lease Fit EV.

Well Fit EV is not on honda web site anymore:(

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Clarity BEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-21-2018 09:02
4fc wrote:
So the short story short. I just wanted to go and test drive Clarity full electric, since it fit's my new commute and obviously I moved to a state when you can have one. But the reality is that you can't. I was told two different things by 2 different dealers. they get one each month and you can't test drive one just reserve online and buy it when it comes in. Or there are no clarity BEV in whole state of California and they don't know when they're going to get more!
A month or so ago I had a friend lend me a HAH 2014/15 and I had a blast after not driving honda for the last 4 years and on top of that electric for the most part of my commute.

I see few post here in the forums from SoCal area about PHEV and I was even thinking about Clarity FC, which have similar leasing terms and they give you credit for the hydrogen, since it's 2x then filling up with gas, but decided against it.

Anyway, honda seems to advertise that but they don't seem to have the cars or the demand is too big. I might go with used honda fit for 2 year lease instead of 3 years for the Clarity electric, but just wanted to have more space on the back with 2 car seats.

Why don't you just go and test-drive the PhEV, the experience should be pretty close for as long as you remain on the EV mode (which you should be able to do for a dealer test-drive).

From memory the BEV has slightly less power, but I doubt there will be any fundamental differences otherwise. Maybe Jeff can tell you more (I think he had the opportunity to drive test both during his numerous press events).

NorCalSales
Profile for NorCalSales
Re: Clarity BEV    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-21-2018 16:34
4fc wrote:
Got a call from my local dealer and as of then I'm on all 3 lists for Clarity BEV, FCEV and Fit EV, but chances are very slim if at all.
BEV and FCEV seems to be on hold and If I get lucky somebody my get off lease Fit EV.

Well Fit EV is not on honda web site anymore:(

Fit EV program ended last month :(

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0