[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
More.......................
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2018 CR-V price experience
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: MDX update schedule?
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2019 Honda CRV on Honda Canada Website
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My TLX so far
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: 2018 Odyssey droning noise
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: Valve adjustment needed?
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Hydrogen Power coming back into focus?
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author
  Post New Thread
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-27-2018 11:12
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2018 08:42

TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-01-2018 22:02
Consumer Reports does NOT like the true touch interface. It has been getting mixed reviews but most people who have used it for more than a few days seem to really like it.

TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-01-2018 22:14
Oh and if Iím violating rules by posting full article feel free to take down...CR, Iím sure, gets its tighty whities in a bunch over stuff like that...
Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-01-2018 22:19
Give that CR apparently still canít figure out the push button transmission even though it debuted in freaking 2014 they are never going to like the True Touchpad interface.

WillMax
Profile for WillMax
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-02-2018 10:18
I canceled my subscription to Consumer Reports years ago after having terrible experiences with multiple products that they recommended or rated highly.

I've owned dozens of vehicles in my life and driven countless others from models that didn't even have power brakes to models that drive themselves and everything in between.

While Consumer Reports is certainly entitled to their opinion and I'm entitled to mine, I cannot fathom how they concluded that the RDX's infotainment system is confusing, distracting, and one of the worst systems they've encountered. Is their baseline an old Philco AM radio with two knobs? I had read a little about how the system worked before I bought my RDX, but had never used it. My first, hands-on experience was on the drive home from the dealer. Admittedly, the system was a bit difficult to interact with while driving 75 MPH on the highway - primarily because I had no experience with it. After I got home, I spent less than five minutes learning the interface while parked in my garage and quickly concluded that it was not only easy to use, but the best way yet to interact with a vehicle.

As far as the "very frustrating" gear selector is concerned, I can't understand their finding. It makes a lot more sense to me to pull a button to go backward and push a button to go forward than it does to pull a lever backward to go forward!

On the opposite end of the scale, they enjoyed the "smooth shifting" automatic transmission. Those of us who are experiencing jerky 2-3 and sometimes 1-2 and 3-4 shifts certainly don't agree. Shifts between 4 and 10 are virtually imperceptible.

Consumer Reports needs to stick with objective facts since they don't seem qualified to deliver subjective opinions.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-02-2018 10:38
CR should stick to refrigerators. Car guys they ain't.
lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-02-2018 14:49
superchg2 wrote:
CR should stick to refrigerators. Car guys they ain't.

And stop injecting their bullshit leftwing politics into their magazine.

Funny thing is CR complained about Acura's when they had physical buttons for most functions and said there were too many buttons, then they rightfully complained about the awful 2 touchscreen layout but it should not have effected its reliability ratings, now they are complaining about another system yet they won't say what kind of layout would make them happy.

If CR and car mags never bitched and tried to sound clever complaining about physical buttons in Acura's, Acura likely never would have gone crazy with the touchscreen/eliminating buttons which just made things really bad for their interiors.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2018 08:22
Sorry if I can't say this but what kind of retards do they have working at CR that, after 4 years, they don't understand and are frustrated by the Honda/Acura push-button shifter? It's a few buttons, clearly labeled, in the same order as every other brand, and there's actually a bit of logic to it: push forward for drive, pull backward for reverse.
IMO these clowns think they have some sacrosanct influence where, if they keep harping on something, they can influence huge companies to bend to their will, no doubt emboldened by the 2012 Civic.

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2018 11:59
Fitdad wrote:
Give that CR apparently still canít figure out the push button transmission even though it debuted in freaking 2014 they are never going to like the True Touchpad interface.

Clearly that had never seen an early-60s Chrysler product. Or even an Edsel for that matter.

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2018 17:52
seeing Aspec RDX almost every other day now, seems to be a popular package, just wish they did more with rear end but overall nice effort.
jmg_rdx
Profile for jmg_rdx
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2018 14:43
Just got my 2019 RDX Tech after trading in 2010 MDX Tech (for $13K). Loving it so far despite steep learning curve. The transmission shifting is intuitive, easy, and likeable. The touchpad is going to be great once I get it down pat. I'm liking it already after being very skeptical on first use.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-17-2018 21:17
Not so much a review but another in-depth video about the RDX

Thread Page - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0