[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
More.......................
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2018 CR-V price experience
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: MDX update schedule?
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2019 Honda CRV on Honda Canada Website
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My TLX so far
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: 2018 Odyssey droning noise
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: Valve adjustment needed?
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Hydrogen Power coming back into focus?
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TLX > > Re: My TLX so far

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
CarmB
Profile for CarmB
My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-23-2018 15:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Now that Iím in my second year with 40,000 km approaching on my 2017 TLX Tech (strictly stock) I thought Iíd make a few observations.

Generally Iím pleased. The only warranty work to date has been an update applied to the 8-speed DCT and the replacement of a leaking oil pressure sensor. No rattles and the transmission has behaved since the update that was applied last year. In terms of build quality, this vehicle has been what I expect from Acura, which is to say, quite good.

Fuel economy has been decent at roughly 28 US MPG in mixed city/highway driving.

The ELS sound system and the drivetrain are both excellent but the infotainment system interface, as many others have noted, is slow, clunky, and easily the carís biggest weakness. I realize that not waiting for the 2018 meant I was committing to going with the original outdated set-up but itís irritating to use, just the same.

The better feel of the DCT compared to the CVTs and the like offered in many other products and the quality sound possible with the ELS system - fed good quality source material - adds up to my being glad to have spent a little more for the TLX compared to some lesser alternatives. Meanwhile, it cost significantly less than opting for some upmarket alternatives.

Grip could be better when pushed but I donít drive that aggressively most of the time. Apparently the OEM rubber has a lot to do with that but itís not worth it for me to make a change considering the car is fine in the vast majority of my use.

Overall Iím pleased but am certainly looking forward to Acura raising the bar with its sedans as it appears to have done with the latest RDX. I feel that Iím getting my moneyís worth and while the TLX doesnít feel like a brilliant, exceptional piece, Acura hasnít lost me as a customer, either. Good, not great, but good nonetheless.

shingles
Profile for shingles
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-12-2018 06:42
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

We leased a '19 V6 A-Spec SH-AWD a few months back. I will tell you that I find it to be a great car. I have always loved Honda V6 and this one is no exception. I think the styling has cleaned up nicely and really it's just a really good car. I find it interesting why so many have panned it so badly. Sure it's not RWD, it's front heavy... sure Honda could have done better with the infotainment setup.... but as a package, the car is a good car. It's actually a lot quieter than I expected (our last Honda sedan was 9th gen accord v6 touring) and the ride is a good compromise. Over all, we've really enjoyed the car.

BTW - i don't know if it's just me or if you noticed this too... at first I was sort of disappointed in the ELS. We had a XC90 with B&W audio and that thing was fantastic. I thought ELS lacked lower end bass. But after a few weeks, it feels like everything has loosened up and I feel the bottom end coming back. Maybe it's my imagination, but I really feel that ELS needed a break in period to sound its best.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-12-2018 07:21
Good speakers do need a break in period. My B&W home speakers came with a recommendation of a break-in period. Years ago now so I don't remeber the details.....

Do yourself a favour, try running 36 front and 28psi rear tyre pressures. Please.

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-12-2018 08:46
After posting, I realized that I was listing strengths that had they been all there is, I could have had them, more or less, for less money by simply buying the ILX. Yet in addition to a decent drivetrain and the ELS system, there is an all-round competence and refinement to the TLX that makes it a good, satisfying piece.

The satisfaction numbers for the TLX are significantly better than for the ILX according to Consumer Reports surveying. My suspicion is that if those satisfaction numbers were broken down further between the 4 and 6, the numbers would skew higher still for the 4. I know the automotive press showed a preference for the 4 due apparently to less weight up front. What makes the 4 work well is that the acceleration is satisfyingly robust. It doesnít feel as if it needs more punch, not from my perspective. More power is welcome, always, but when you wind it out, the TLX 4 doesnít disappoint. The price, meanwhile, is significantly lower for the 4 which would mean expectations would be also. If you see the TLX as a replacement for the TSX itís one thing but as a replacement for the TL, something else.

Regarding the ELS system, some have claimed noise-cancellation technology impacts bass response but Iíve never been that big on powerful bass. I always wind up with all frequency settings at dead center. I tried the surround tech and found it took away a lot of the ambience. Stripped away a lot of the atmosphere if you will in reworking the recording to deliver the surround effects. After experimenting with a few ways to deliver signal to the system, I settled on Apple lossless files stored on an iPod. Lots of memory so even with such relatively large files I can have more than 4,000 songs stored. Anything of lesser quality simply doesnít work for me using a system with the refinement of the ELS unit. I think, too, that the TLX being significantly quieter than the ILX, enhances the listening experience. I didnít compare them per se but my guess is that the ELS setup in the TLX sounds better than the ILX while youíre in motion. Sure it cost me to buy the highest capacity iPod but back in the day I dropped more than that on cassettes alone, struggling to reproduce quality portable recordings from my LPs with less than perfect results.

Bottom line is that if the car holds up regarding reliability - I plan to keep it for at least six years - Acura hasnít lost me as a customer because on balance, considering price, Iím pleased. Not sorry I bought the TLX, at least not yet.

Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-12-2018 13:47
I am on year 4 with my TLX, still no complaints. It is a solid nimble car. Big enough to fit a family of 4 and a pug in comfort yet still small enough to easily find parking and zip around.

The improved infotainment would be nice to have. It has been reliable. The tranny still has a hiccup once in a while. The interior has held up nicely.

Maybe it is not the sports sedan many wanted (should have had a type s model) but as a sporty family rock solid sedan it just works.

Improvements are more power with SHAWD with a 2.0T. The new infotainment with apple carplay. More Bass out of speakers. Pano roof. All things I think are coming, and my car is 4 years old at this point.

B.

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-12-2018 23:02
Brutus wrote:
I am on year 4 with my TLX, still no complaints. It is a solid nimble car. Big enough to fit a family of 4 and a pug in comfort yet still small enough to easily find parking and zip around.

The improved infotainment would be nice to have. It has been reliable. The tranny still has a hiccup once in a while. The interior has held up nicely.

Maybe it is not the sports sedan many wanted (should have had a type s model) but as a sporty family rock solid sedan it just works.

Improvements are more power with SHAWD with a 2.0T. The new infotainment with apple carplay. More Bass out of speakers. Pano roof. All things I think are coming, and my car is 4 years old at this point.

B.

The next gen base TLX will come in FWD, 2.0t SH-AWD, 2.0t hybrid FWD and SH-AWD will be standard on the 3.0t Type-S.

alpha0
Profile for alpha0
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2018 09:25
--

Last edited by JeffX on 10-15-2018 12:47
alpha0
Profile for alpha0
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2018 09:32
alpha0 wrote:
Since current SHAWD can transfer upto 70% power to rear wheels, i assume software limits situations when it transfers power to rear. What is stopping Acura to transfer let's say 30% power to rear all the time and transfer more power to rear even while taking mild turns at 1500 rpm? Turbo engines shoulld have good power at low rpms compared to NA engines.

Or is the fear of wear/tear and enhanced maintanance needs stopping Acura from doing that?

sorry, wrong thread. cannot delete this.

MGP999
Profile for MGP999
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2018 17:52
Civicb18 wrote:
Brutus wrote:

B.

The next gen base TLX will come in FWD, 2.0t SH-AWD, 2.0t hybrid FWD and SH-AWD will be standard on the 3.0t Type-S.

Ok, I'll bite. What else do you know about the next gen TLX and RLX?

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-14-2018 04:51
Civicb18 wrote:
Brutus wrote:

B.

It sounds like Acura will be bringing us a new V-6 for the TLX, as Sedans continue their downward slide. I imagine it will be a sweet engine wherever it is used, though.

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-15-2018 08:18
No question that SUVs are popular and sedan sales have slipped somewhat as a result. Yet the impending death of the sedan has been greatly exaggerated.

Sedans still matter and will matter, I suspect, for the foreseeable future. Sedans, especially the size of a TLX, could easily be made to be highly versatile with a bit of dimension tweaking. Three times since buying the TLX Iíve had to seek out family and friends with SUVs. In two of the three instances I was maybe two inches in trunk depth shy of not needing the outside help. If anyone from Acura is listening, two additional inches in depth and maybe a wider pass-through opening, would have a significant impact on utility. In one instance my Honda mower didnít quite fit. Surely Acura could maybe track down one of those.

As much as SUVs matter, itís much harder to do one that offers the sleekness and visual appeal possible with a plain old car, be it a sedan or coupe. When youíre doing a step-up brand that sort of thing matters.

Even though some mainstream brands appear poised to jettison cars in favour of SUVs, itís probably something step-up brands are far less likely to do. They still sell in the thousands every month. Even Acura, with probably - definitely - its worst sedan line-up in its history, moved 3169 non-SUVs stateside in September. Those numbers will dramatically increase if Acura delivers more compelling cars.

KaySee
Profile for KaySee
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-15-2018 11:42
CarmB wrote:
No question that SUVs are popular and sedan sales have slipped somewhat as a result. Yet the impending death of the sedan has been greatly exaggerated.

Sedans still matter and will matter, I suspect, for the foreseeable future. Sedans, especially the size of a TLX, could easily be made to be highly versatile with a bit of dimension tweaking. Three times since buying the TLX Iíve had to seek out family and friends with SUVs. In two of the three instances I was maybe two inches in trunk depth shy of not needing the outside help. If anyone from Acura is listening, two additional inches in depth and maybe a wider pass-through opening, would have a significant impact on utility. In one instance my Honda mower didnít quite fit. Surely Acura could maybe track down one of those.

As much as SUVs matter, itís much harder to do one that offers the sleekness and visual appeal possible with a plain old car, be it a sedan or coupe. When youíre doing a step-up brand that sort of thing matters.

Even though some mainstream brands appear poised to jettison cars in favour of SUVs, itís probably something step-up brands are far less likely to do. They still sell in the thousands every month. Even Acura, with probably - definitely - its worst sedan line-up in its history, moved 3169 non-SUVs stateside in September. Those numbers will dramatically increase if Acura delivers more compelling cars.

Wouldn't just making the trunk a hatch instead solve all that? Doesn't have to be a conventional hatch either for people who cannot deal with the style, just make it a sportback kind of shape if anything.

Then you can keep the sleekness of a sedan with the added opening size and more versatility of a hatch.

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-15-2018 15:29
A hatch would be fine, too. I suspect thereís more money to be made in SUVs, so incorporating more utility in more car-like form factors isnít a priority, certainly not for the SUV-loving North American market.

Still, knowing an extra couple inches in trunk depth would dramatically improve my modelís utility is frustrating in that I have to believe Acura could have found that additional depth if it really wanted to.

Sasker
Profile for Sasker
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-15-2018 18:15
Adding a few centimeters wouldn't help all your problems. You can carry a few more things, but ultimately a trunk is a big inherent limit.

They are pretty much forcing people to buy SUVs because people have a life and need to carry stuff.

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-15-2018 20:21
Sasker wrote:
Adding a few centimeters wouldn't help all your problems. You can carry a few more things, but ultimately a trunk is a big inherent limit.

They are pretty much forcing people to buy SUVs because people have a life and need to carry stuff.

All I can go by is my hands-on in 20 months of use. The extra depth for the trunk would have reduced the occasions that I was limited by owning a sedan to one in that span. To me, the extra cost of buying an SUV and operating one (fuel economy and the like) is not justified to avoid an inconvenience roughly once in two years. Iíve carried all sorts of items in that time. Itís not a Miata, after all. To be fair, that applies to me but not necessarily everyone else. Others, like me, can do fine most of the time without an SUV. Still others can not.

KaySee
Profile for KaySee
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-15-2018 20:57
CarmB wrote:
Sasker wrote:

All I can go by is my hands-on in 20 months of use. The extra depth for the trunk would have reduced the occasions that I was limited by owning a sedan to one in that span. To me, the extra cost of buying an SUV and operating one (fuel economy and the like) is not justified to avoid an inconvenience roughly once in two years. Iíve carried all sorts of items in that time. Itís not a Miata, after all. To be fair, that applies to me but not necessarily everyone else. Others, like me, can do fine most of the time without an SUV. Still others can not.

Exactly why they should start making sportbacks and hatches instead of sedans. For those of us who like driving cars you can have a way more versatile cargo area while retaining the benefits of a sedan. The Stinger, vw arteon, Buick sportback etc are examples of this. Good looking, practical sportbacks and wagons could help set Acura a part more from its sedan based competition. Thats my opinion though.

RKG
Profile for RKG
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-15-2018 22:53
CarmB wrote:
Now that Iím in my second year with 40,000 km approaching on my 2017 TLX Tech (strictly stock) I thought Iíd make a few observations.

Generally Iím pleased. The only warranty work to date has been an update applied to the 8-speed DCT and the replacement of a leaking oil pressure sensor. No rattles and the transmission has behaved since the update that was applied last year. In terms of build quality, this vehicle has been what I expect from Acura, which is to say, quite good.

Fuel economy has been decent at roughly 28 US MPG in mixed city/highway driving.

The ELS sound system and the drivetrain are both excellent but the infotainment system interface, as many others have noted, is slow, clunky, and easily the carís biggest weakness. I realize that not waiting for the 2018 meant I was committing to going with the original outdated set-up but itís irritating to use, just the same.

The better feel of the DCT compared to the CVTs and the like offered in many other products and the quality sound possible with the ELS system - fed good quality source material - adds up to my being glad to have spent a little more for the TLX compared to some lesser alternatives. Meanwhile, it cost significantly less than opting for some upmarket alternatives.

Grip could be better when pushed but I donít drive that aggressively most of the time. Apparently the OEM rubber has a lot to do with that but itís not worth it for me to make a change considering the car is fine in the vast majority of my use.

Overall Iím pleased but am certainly looking forward to Acura raising the bar with its sedans as it appears to have done with the latest RDX. I feel that Iím getting my moneyís worth and while the TLX doesnít feel like a brilliant, exceptional piece, Acura hasnít lost me as a customer, either. Good, not great, but good nonetheless.

I probably have about 5-6 months lease left on my 2016 Base TLX. I agree with all what you have experienced. The chassis is lively, nimble and DCT is very responsive. Inspite of all that, I am just waiting to get over with the lease. I haven't been able to point to what is not right about the car. Styling is one, but 1st gen TSX wasn't a looker either. I have owned 2004 TSX 6-MT, 2013 TSX Auto, and 2016 TLX. After I drove TSX auto, I wondered if I would have enjoyed an auto TSX as much as I did my 6-MT back then. That makes me wonder, TLX seems to have everything going for it except a 6-MT. Though MT sales are not much to speak about, does an MT actually generate interest in a car? Would that have proved to be the difference in case of TLX?

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2018 00:47
CarmB wrote:

You do realize that if Acura "listened" to your request, your car would end up the size of the Accord, right?

That "couple" of inches of space has to come from somewhere, and there is always a less than 1:1 relationship between size increase and internal dimension increase.

In fact, I would say it would be better to just borrow or rent for the very rare occasion when something needs to be moved rather than carrying around an extra foot or two of extra empty car that is able to accomodate everything. That is how we got to the cars being too big problem in the first place.

But of course, consumer habits for SUV's that are largely empty disagree with me.

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2018 07:36
RKG wrote:
CarmB wrote:

I probably have about 5-6 months lease left on my 2016 Base TLX. I agree with all what you have experienced. The chassis is lively, nimble and DCT is very responsive. Inspite of all that, I am just waiting to get over with the lease. I haven't been able to point to what is not right about the car. Styling is one, but 1st gen TSX wasn't a looker either. I have owned 2004 TSX 6-MT, 2013 TSX Auto, and 2016 TLX. After I drove TSX auto, I wondered if I would have enjoyed an auto TSX as much as I did my 6-MT back then. That makes me wonder, TLX seems to have everything going for it except a 6-MT. Though MT sales are not much to speak about, does an MT actually generate interest in a car? Would that have proved to be the difference in case of TLX?

I think the '06 to '08 refreshed 1G TSX is the best Acura sedan design of all time and we didn't even get the top executive trim level of the UK Accord. It's a car which has aged rather well.

I think the TLX is a good car but like so many sedans these days it's easily forgettable. It's the same problem I find with nearly all of the Audis from over the years and the 3-series cars from the past 15 years or so. To repeat Carm's comment, they're all good cars but not great cars. I think this is the reason I just don't see the interest in the Korean sedans as anything other than transportation.

I also think the current Accord makes most of the older Hondas and Acuras look ancient. There are details about its design which many find awkward but the Accord easily makes the TLX look like a decade old car instead of the 4-year old design it actually is. I think we all like the new Insight because of its cohesive styling but even it looks bland and forgettable by comparison.

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2018 10:03
owequitit wrote:
CarmB wrote:

You do realize that if Acura "listened" to your request, your car would end up the size of the Accord, right?

That "couple" of inches of space has to come from somewhere, and there is always a less than 1:1 relationship between size increase and internal dimension increase.

In fact, I would say it would be better to just borrow or rent for the very rare occasion when something needs to be moved rather than carrying around an extra foot or two of extra empty car that is able to accomodate everything. That is how we got to the cars being too big problem in the first place.

But of course, consumer habits for SUV's that are largely empty disagree with me.

I do agree that for hauling larger, tall items it makes sense to rent, borrow or pay for delivery, rather than own a larger vehicle for the few occasions itís needed. Thatís why I own a car and not an SUV.

By the way Iím talking trunk height, not length. The length and width of the TLX is just about perfect for me. Trunk depth is fine most of the time but a slight increase in depth would be welcome and have a surprising impact on utility. It could be that unacceptable compromises would be involved in adding that depth but Iím looking at it in terms of the difference it would make. Whether itís doable without unacceptable sideffects I couldnít say.

Sasker
Profile for Sasker
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2018 11:15
CarmB wrote:

By the way Iím talking trunk height, not length. The length and width of the TLX is just about perfect for me. Trunk depth is fine most of the time but a slight increase in depth would be welcome and have a surprising impact on utility. It could be that unacceptable compromises would be involved in adding that depth but Iím looking at it in terms of the difference it would make. Whether itís doable without unacceptable sideffects I couldnít say.

Sorry if I am repeating myself, but asking for more height and a bigger opening means you need a hatch, which makes perfect sense because you'll be riding a car and having the utility of an SUV.

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2018 15:12
Sasker wrote:
CarmB wrote:

Sorry if I am repeating myself, but asking for more height and a bigger opening means you need a hatch, which makes perfect sense because you'll be riding a car and having the utility of an SUV.

And Iím fine with that. Hatches ought to be a lot more popular than they are. Many of the advantages of an SUV without many of the negatives. Whatís not to like.

Even so, the inconvenience of sedans is overblown, I think, for most drivers. Iíve transported lumber, a fruit tree (about 10 ft top to root until we trimmed it to about 8 ft), and so on. The TLX as is, really, is not an impractical vehicle, in absolute terms.

Would I welcome a hatch from Acura? Absolutely. Yet itís obvious that having to settle for a sedan was not a dealbreaker. A hatch would have been ideal but having to go either sedan or SUV if I wanted to stick with Acura, the sedan won.

RKG
Profile for RKG
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2018 18:30
CarmB wrote:
Sasker wrote:
CarmB wrote:

And Iím fine with that. Hatches ought to be a lot more popular than they are. Many of the advantages of an SUV without many of the negatives. Whatís not to like.

Even so, the inconvenience of sedans is overblown, I think, for most drivers. Iíve transported lumber, a fruit tree (about 10 ft top to root until we trimmed it to about 8 ft), and so on. The TLX as is, really, is not an impractical vehicle, in absolute terms.

Would I welcome a hatch from Acura? Absolutely. Yet itís obvious that having to settle for a sedan was not a dealbreaker. A hatch would have been ideal but having to go either sedan or SUV if I wanted to stick with Acura, the sedan won.

I think its not what you cannot move in a Sedan, but the inconvenience of ingress and egress people are facing. At least that's what they tell me. Outside of utility, I have enjoyed my TSX 6MT, 2016 Acura MDX , and 2004 Honda Odyssey all alike, probably a bit in that order.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-17-2018 19:41
CarmB wrote:

LOL. I transported my 2nd kitchen's knocked down cabinets from the Home Depot in our '07 3.2 TL.

Most everything sort of fit in the trunk with the rear seat pass through.

The most challenging part was the seven and a half (by two feet wide) pantry. I put it through the sun roof and back into the car. It did stick out a bit but driving on surface streets at less than 40 mph was fine.

And the countless things I've carried out the window...

But, honestly, something like an Odyssey is the best thing for carrying stuff. I'd like a "high wagon" thing with the interior width and length of an Odyssey but likely one foot lower. Even the Ridgeline is a compromise because the bed is too short.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-17-2018 20:10
RKG wrote:
I think its not what you cannot move in a Sedan, but the inconvenience of ingress and egress people are facing. At least that's what they tell me. Outside of utility, I have enjoyed my TSX 6MT, 2016 Acura MDX , and 2004 Honda Odyssey all alike, probably a bit in that order.

To tell you the truth, the AWD Ridgeline BE is a sweet ride. If only the cabin was six inches longer, the bed another foot and a lock on the tailgate, I'd buy off lease.

It cruises effortlessly at 80 mph.

shingles
Profile for shingles
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-29-2018 16:04
A couple of weekends ago, we took a small road trip. Destination was about 135 miles or so out. Filled the car up and hit the road. At the end of the road trip, averaged an INDICATED 34mpg... I've noticed the in car trip computer is about 1.5mpg high... so even then 32.5mpg. I noticed the car has a sweet spot for MPG around 70-75mph. Honda V6's have always been pretty damn sweet. I can't wait for the 3 liter twin turbo.

Pauly123
Profile for Pauly123
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-07-2018 13:44
Is that 3 liter twin Turbo definitely happening? Haven't seen much out there on what the new TLX will be offering. Any idea when we'll find out more about this next gen?
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-07-2018 16:14
Pauly123 wrote:
Is that 3 liter twin Turbo definitely happening? Haven't seen much out there on what the new TLX will be offering. Any idea when we'll find out more about this next gen?

there's definitely a turbo v6 coming. It's unclear (to me, at least) whether or not it will be a single turbo or a twin turbo setup.

while we were at the proving grounds in Ohio a couple weeks ago I saw multiple TLX (and next gen MDX?) mules crawling around the place with very large exhaust outlets. I assume these were testing the new V6T.

I say "MDX mules", but they had Pilot body work (with camo, even). They were clearly running some much heavier duty hardware than your normal Pilot. Looked like the wheels/tires were considerably wider, with large brakes and massive exhaust outlets.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-07-2018 18:16
Now weíre talking Jeff.

Apart from everything else Iím guessing we will see a decent bump in towing capacity for the MDX in the future...?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-07-2018 18:36
Fitdad wrote:
Now weíre talking Jeff.

Apart from everything else Iím guessing we will see a decent bump in towing capacity for the MDX in the future...?

you know, they've never indicated that this has been a priority in the past so I'm not sure. They like to point to all the market research that indicates that some huge percentage of the addressable towing market is covered by the 5000lb number. And they also like to drop hints about how their numbers are a lot more conservative than some of the other figures you'll see out there.

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0