[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports December Sales
More.......................
American Honda Reports November Sales
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota: Hydrogen Fuel cell vehicles will eventually be cheaper than gasoline-powered cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2007 TL-S vs 2018 TLX V6-AWD
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: When will Si have more HP and LEDs?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: My talk with Honda's Motorsports Boss
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Cars for a mid life crisis
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: I have an RDX service loaner
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Non-Type S ?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> 2020 Toyota Supra auctions for $ 2.1 Million
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: BMW trying to out ugly Lexus
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Incomplete recall
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord back in the family
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: ICE to FCEV "engine" swap
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara experience?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura/Honda Debuts
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Honda's new marking word - "Spay-flu"
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships > > Re: And that's it?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

HondaDriver
Profile for HondaDriver
And that's it? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 00:45
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I think every time a company uses words like "for the first time", "the best ever" and similar which i.e. Apple uses during their events they should be fined $1 mil.

My eyes are getting tired while I'm reading through this typical BS:

"The changes build on the edgy styling, fun-to-drive nature, versatility and premium features that made Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R instant hits last year after joining the award-winning 10th-generation Civic lineup."

"Both models benefit from multiple interior updates designed to provide drivers with a more comfortable and efficient in-vehicle experience. "

Honestly I was expecting more upgrades, but I only see this:

"Enhancements to technology and connectivity include an updated Display Audio system that now features physical buttons and a volume knob for more intuitive control, improved voice recognition and Bluetooth® connectivity, a USB sub-cord and, similar to previous models, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration standard on EX trims and above. In addition, steering wheel controls have been upgraded for simplified operation, the electronic parking brake has an indicator light for when it's engaged, the center console sports larger cupholders, and there are physical buttons for fan speed on models with dual-zone climate control. "

- Physical buttons and volume button - fixing previous design mistakes
- Improved voice recognition and Bluetooth® connectivity - fixing bugs
- USB sub-cord - I had such in my 2012 Accord
- Steering wheel controls have been upgraded - trying different layout
- Electronic parking brake has an indicator light for when it's engaged - fixing UI mistakes
- Larger cupholders - fixing usability mistakes
- Physical buttons for fan speed on models with dual-zone climate control - I had it in 2012 already.

I see it like this: "Guys, demand is still high they will buy it anyway, thus we don't need to really do anything, just bring that old boring grey color which we dropped on purpose and fix few bugs/UI issues and call it the all new 2019 Type R. And don't forget to increase the price too!"

Meanwhile for the past several day YouTube was feeding me with a Mercedes AD about new C class where they say that "to be the best you have to constantly improve...". Well, I see that "high demand" means you don't have to constantly improve your product.

Thank you Honda for adding volume physical button! This is indeed the best button ever made in a auto industry and it definitely greatly improves my user experience! :) Thank you for treating me like...

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: And that's it? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 02:29
The same post can be applied to pretty much every car man.....FMC or mmc, if one really wants to do that.

Even if they add a bunch of stuff, one can easily say oh they are just adding stuff that the car should have came with at the beginning.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: And that's it? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 10:49
The steering wheel controls look like they moved the cruise button one slot to the right and that is it?
Design
Profile for Design
Re: And that's it? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 13:57
I wouldn't be surprised if the Hatch (and the Si) are on their own schedule as suggested by Jeff. While they benefit from the Sedan and Coupe's interior improvements, it's possible we could see visual changes next year. In turn, those cars could run through MY 2021 - a full five year production run.

Who knows?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: And that's it? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 14:04
Design wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Hatch (and the Si) are on their own schedule as suggested by Jeff. While they benefit from the Sedan and Coupe's interior improvements, it's possible we could see visual changes next year. In turn, those cars could run through MY 2021 - a full five year production run.

Who knows?

well, I wasn't suggesting it, really. It's what I was told.

I guess it's good we at least got the volume knob for 2019. It seemed strange to me that they'd hold back on that, but it looks like the other refinements will have to wait at least another model year.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: And that's it? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 14:05
This is only the third model year for the Hatch after all - it debuted as MY2017. Typically MMCs are for the fourth model year.

And Honda is missing a few key words from the press release - I don't think they actually call the 2019 Hatch an "updated" model or use the word "refresh" and they usually use those words when describing an MMC...

I'm guessing they wanted to swap out the head units for new units across the lineup so they didn't have to source two different units for the sedan/coupes and one for the Hatchbacks.

I'm not saying there will be another update next year or at all for the Hatch/Type-R - but this does seem like half an update - I can't remember the last MMC Honda did for any model where Honda did NOTHING to the exterior...the 2012 Fit had very few changes on the exterior I guess but they at least did a few things.

leehom
Profile for leehom
Re: And that's it? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 15:52
Will Honda mmc the Hb/Ctr next year or keep it the same since next year should be the last before a Fmc?
Design
Profile for Design
Re: And that's it? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 17:05
leehom wrote:
Will Honda mmc the Hb/Ctr next year or keep it the same since next year should be the last before a Fmc?

They are already testing a slightly tweaked CTR at Nurburgring. New bumper inserts and a slightly wider upper grill. Who knows what the base hatch (and presumably the Si) will get.

IIRC, the 9th Gen Hatch overlapped the introduction of the 10th Gen Sedan. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again for MY 2021.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: And that's it? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 18:22
DCR wrote:
The steering wheel controls look like they moved the cruise button one slot to the right and that is it?

My cruise is already in the middle button...I must have looked at a 2017 prototype Type-R with it in the left slot? Did they change nothing about the steering controls and they are referring to menus then?

iwantthattrophy
Profile for iwantthattrophy
Re: And that's it? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-04-2018 21:03
DCR wrote:
DCR wrote:

My cruise is already in the middle button...I must have looked at a 2017 prototype Type-R with it in the left slot? Did they change nothing about the steering controls and they are referring to menus then?

The steering wheel volume control is no longer touch sensitive.

Honda models with original 2016 Civic steering wheel:
16-18 Civic sedan/coupe
17-18 Civic Si/Type R
17-18 CRV
2018 Clarity

Honda models with altered 2016 Civic steering wheel:
2019 Odyssey
2019 Pilot
2019 Civic sedan/coupe/Si/Type R

I’m driving a 2018 Accord now. Enjoy the new gauge cluster, but dislike the new steering wheel buttons.

The original 2016 Civic steering wheel had all the buttons framed with zero afterthought buttons attached and hanging below.

On the 2018 Accord’s steering wheel the phone controls hanging from one side and the ACC and LKAS hanging from the other are seriously in the way while operating the wheel.

Bluetooth and Honda Sensing are standard features! These buttons shouldn’t look like select trims only get the features.

As for the volume control on the 2016 Civic steering wheel it has a noticeable ribbed texture to it where the revised version is smooth and only clicks up and down. No more gliding your thumb up to pump the jams. Loved that feature. Was the saving grace for no volume knob.

So now you get AC fan speed buttons and basic steering wheel volume control.

If this is the MMC for Civic I’m glad I got an Accord and didn’t wait. They’re riding this Civic frugally to the end

Side note:
I’m noticing good angles with my Accord taillights.
Art is subjective and so are the Accord’s taillights :)

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0