[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
More.......................
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> INDYCAR: Look Back at St. Pete and Forward to COTA
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Hyundai i30 Fastback N (2019)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: 2019 NSX

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
HondaJet
Profile for HondaJet
2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2019 07:13
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta0iOVRyHac

Ted Klaus and Mizuki Satoshi on NSX. Can somebody translate? Conversation sounds interesting.

silverf16
Profile for silverf16
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2019 09:24
My Japanese is not very good so excuse me if my translation is a tad off.

You Americans F_ed this car up. The original one was gorgeous and because you Americans are too fat, you made the car overweight because you guys always want more power.

Yea, so we brought this young lady in to finish the exterior styling. She wasn't fat.

Well she left the company because it wasn't a good fit.

I tried my best. I had to use components from existing parts bin.

You should have gotten glasses earlier Ted, you created messy italian spaghetti wiring job in the engine compartment. We Japanese take pride in workmanship.
Your car rattles to death and you guys can't figure out how to get rid of wind noise on window. Did you work for Chrysler before?

So sorry...

SORRY NOT enough..no body buys this car now. Even your factory don't know how to assemble fuel tank.

We took care of that with a recall.

But your technicians screwed that one up with one of your American customers.

So sorry again. Please don't cut my head off.

Look, I came from a family of Samurai, we are taking this program back to the motherland. We give you special assignment now.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2019 11:12
^ Post of the Day
RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2019 11:22
The Truth!

Honda didn't know want the fuck they was doing!
Just like with the F1 PU they went very advance and ran into problems (mostly because of being away from the game to long and wrong people on the project)

Chassis problems because they were using the NSX as a guinea pig for the materials, welding and production ideas.Bottom line is the NSX was a rush job!

RSX
Profile for RSX
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2019 11:34
RolledaNsx wrote:
The Truth!

Just like with the F1 PU they went very advance and ran into problems (mostly because of being away from the game to long and wrong people on the project)

Chassis problems because they were using the NSX as a guinea pig for the materials, welding and production ideas.Bottom line is the NSX was a rush job!

But it's a great car despite of that.

JeanTLX
Profile for JeanTLX
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2019 11:52
Hi Silver16,
What do you mean by your translation is a tad off? These guys talk about the technology and goals of the car during the interview. What you translated where some of the comments by anonymous people in response to the conversation. You seem to have taken the worst and most negative comments and translated them.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2019 11:56
JeanTLX wrote:
Hi Silver16,
What do you mean by your translation is a tad off? These guys talk about the technology and goals of the car during the interview. What you translated where some of the comments by anonymous people in response to the conversation. You seem to have taken the worst and most negative comments and translated them.

aka humor.

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2019 12:38
RolledaNsx wrote:
The Truth!

which is a damn shame, took this long to debut to be still considered a rush job!

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2019 16:16
The NSX can be fixed! The new NSX GT3 EVO is now the best GT3(even bronze and silver drivers can drive it fast). They solved some of the aero drag problem and made it more rigid with better base set up.
Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2019 21:25
The NSX is a beautiful piece of engineering and has garnered lots of praise from some of the best automotive publications along with You Tube performance channels. As long as they keep fine tuning it and releasing new variations I think it will be fine. The Acura brand may hold back the sales numbers though. I think the new mid-engined Corvette and performance versions of the revised 911 will hopefully ensure that Honda's engineers don't get complacent.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2019 21:50
Mikeydred wrote:
which is a damn shame, took this long to debut to be still considered a rush job!

Rushed in context. They re-set the parameters very late on, if you remember, ditching the idea of using "off the shelf" bits from other Honda product, and considering the complication that is the drive-train with all that electricity, most everyone agrees they did a remarkably good job.

Just need to further hone it, which God willing, they actually do a proper job this time [not like on the MkI].

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2019 01:53
There is a rumor about a NSX testing in Japan with 2 FC( front and rear) and 4 Electric Motors( like the Pike Peak NSX EV).
Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2019 02:52
sadlerau wrote:
Mikeydred wrote:

Rushed in context. They re-set the parameters very late on, if you remember, ditching the idea of using "off the shelf" bits from other Honda product, and considering the complication that is the drive-train with all that electricity, most everyone agrees they did a remarkably good job.

Just need to further hone it, which God willing, they actually do a proper job this time [not like on the MkI].

Indeed. Some only focus on the negative, but if the original idea went through, the MK II will also be ridiculed for not having enough power. For me going hybrid and going exotic with that turbocharged V6 is right on money (image). Sure it's heavy, but it's unique and screams excess which what exotics should all screams about.

At the very least Honda have another veritable supercar, that alone I'm already grateful for. Now let's see how they make a better story going forward with the NSX.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2019 05:23
So many cars end up being rushed into production and invariably early examples suffer for it.

Early Audi R8s try to break in half at the front towers, for example.

Borgward had a reputation for their customers being the development engineers.

The Giulia & XE might be fatally wounded due to the reputation of early cars.

So the question is, aside from fuel tanks, are NC NSXs RELIABLE?

If the proof of concept is right, structural issues and the lumpy engine can always be attended to.

Whether they can ever do enough to match the sales of the NA is moot. I think they might need to fix their brand image first...

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2019 06:42
It looks like Acura is heading in the right direction lately, so we'll see.

As for the NSX, I love the engineering and absolutely want one. Maybe in a few years... The new orange looks stunning. On principle I always bought performance Hondas in white, but I'd make an exception with the NSX.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2019 08:46
Dren wrote:

As for the NSX, I love the engineering and absolutely want one. Maybe in a few years... The new orange looks stunning. On principle I always bought performance Hondas in white, but I'd make an exception with the NSX.

The orange does look lovely, though for me it now carries too many McLaren connotations.

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2019 12:27
Acura brand and what they have done to it with Honda+ "smart luxury" is the NSX's biggest problem. No reason that POS joke 3 cylinder i8 should be outselling the NSX by so much but BMW does have a great image they have built up.

Other things can and should have been fixed by now but as usual they are dragging their feet and just taking baby steps, by now we should at least have some details and production dates for a GT3, Type R, or some kind of higher performance variant of the NSX.

If they did a 8 or 10 cylinder instead of this overly complicated heavy hybrid system standard it would have really helped, much less weight, more character, less complicated, less expensive. I bet a 8 or 10 cylinder would not have cost $65K to build either like the V6 does so it is not like they saved any money just going with another V6.

bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2019 12:34
I think it's great that Honda worked on the software and fine-tuned some stuff for 2019 - with the benefit of time and experience they've seemingly made a pretty good improvement by attention to detail (just what they should do). More substantial changes (engine, or battery/motor tech) can come along a little later.

Dren wrote:

See https://www.honda.co.jp/NSX/ :-)

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: 2019 NSX    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2019 12:40
sadlerau wrote:
Mikeydred wrote:

I completly agree, I have been fortunate to see the NSX in person when they were on dealer floors and seen the concept back in 2012 in NYC. I think the design is beautiful and will look fresh for many years. However, with the PCP tagline quality issues cannot be coming up, especially those that may appear as human error, we are talking a few cars a day here, not mass production. I hope Honda continues to improve the program and introduce other variants going forward.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0