[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
More.......................
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> INDYCAR: Look Back at St. Pete and Forward to COTA
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Hyundai i30 Fastback N (2019)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: Civic Si vs GTI - latest C&D Comparison Test

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 [3]
Author
  Post New Thread
owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: Civic Si vs GTI - latest C&D Comparison Test    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-30-2018 23:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
DCR wrote:
owequitit wrote:

Type-R has everything I could live with minus the body add-ons, wheels, and wings. I also don't think I could mentally stomach driving one daily knowing that some pimple faced shit would probably jack my wheels and other stuff.

If you get near Grand Rapids for your job, you can drive my Type-R.

I'm here to tell you, any apprehension you have about the looks and various intangibles completely evaporates once you drive it. It takes pretty much everything I have liked about my Honda vehicles and jacks the volume on it all from a performance perspective.

Thanks man! Haven't been to GRR in a spell, but I will let you know! Haha.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: Civic Si vs GTI - latest C&D Comparison Test    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-02-2018 09:09
owequitit wrote:
DCR wrote:
owequitit wrote:

Type-R has everything I could live with minus the body add-ons, wheels, and wings. I also don't think I could mentally stomach driving one daily knowing that some pimple faced shit would probably jack my wheels and other stuff.

If you get near Grand Rapids for your job, you can drive my Type-R.

I'm here to tell you, any apprehension you have about the looks and various intangibles completely evaporates once you drive it. It takes pretty much everything I have liked about my Honda vehicles and jacks the volume on it all from a performance perspective.

Thanks man! Haven't been to GRR in a spell, but I will let you know! Haha.

Do it Owe, you know you want one deep down inside! Get one of the more muted colors and an extra set of wheels.

Aero2001
Profile for Aero2001
Re: Civic Si vs GTI - latest C&D Comparison Test    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-02-2018 12:50

Honestly, would love to see Honda put the 2.0T in the current Sport Touring HB with a manual. Detune it to the Accord Sport specs and call it the SiR. It could slot right under the Type R and the current Si. I like the Si but, far prefer the HB body style. It kills me that the Sport Touring model cannot be had in the USA without a manual. I have a 2018 ST HB and really like this car. Adding more power, limited diff, manual to go with a moonroof and volume knob would make for a perfect Honda.

I'd love to see this too, and Honda has said it wants to expand the Type R range, possibly including a model that emphasizes the "GT" aspect of the car. To me, this suggests something between the Si and CTR for performance, with a less hard core suspension and wheel/tire setup than the CTR. An SiR with the 2.0T would fit the bill, as would an Acura ILX with the 2.0T and SH-AWD. I'd be thrilled with either one, provided it came with MT, though I might cave on that for an SH-AWD ILX.

It looks like the ILX might be disappearing, which is a shame. With the 10th gen Civic platform, the 2.0T, and SH-AWD, it could crush the A3 range at a much lower price.

Last edited by JeffX on 07-02-2018 18:42
crex
Profile for crex
Re: Civic Si vs GTI - latest C&D Comparison Test    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2019 10:06
The Type R is special.
s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: Civic Si vs GTI - latest C&D Comparison Test    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-13-2019 20:19
What I think is more likely is when the Type R production exceeds sales, a stripped base/track model will be added (keeping the tall rear wing but without the nav, hi-end stereo/subwoofer). The touring version would then have a rear spoiler without the tall wing, add relevant Honda Sensing, parking sensors, lanewatch and maybe even heated seats. If the stripped/base version is $2-3k less than the Touring, it will still leave a bit of room in the high 20s for an SiR. However, if there is an SiR, it will likely not be in 5D hatchback form. Maybe an SiR could even just replace the Si altogether since the Sport version of the sedan now exists.

Thread Page - 1 2 [3]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0